FOR DANCE ORGANIZATIONS:
James is available to photograph private dance companies including formal studio portrait sessions, performance action shots, candid shots, back stage etc. Images can be produced and licensed for your company advertising, website, facebook, fine art, and as a service to parents of dancers in a company or class. Set up fees range from $125-200 for up to an hour and additional shooting at $75/hr. Commercial licensing ranges from $100-$2,000/image depending on usage, distribution publication etc. Packages available. Contact for a quote based on specific needs.
FOR INDIVIDUALS ORDERING PRINTS:
Two ways to order:
1) order professional lustre, metallic finish, and metal photographs and merchandise directly through the website's online ordering system using a credit card. The prints will be produced by one of the best professional labs in the U.S. (located in Northern CA). Simply follow the instructions on the gallery pages as you go through the order process.
2) order prints directly through James McGrew's studio via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll custom print the order in house in the studio/gallery in Lake Oswego. Direct orders are required for special orders, custom images, giclee prints or rush orders. For a special print to frame and hang on the wall as a work of art, we HIGHLY RECOMMEND choosing giclee or custom giclee prints for a unique look and the highest quality. Baryta and Velvet Fine Art papers produce museum quality and the most elegant fine art images which stand out from typical photographic papers and processes.
To order through James McGrew Studio:
Step 1: choose images by file number/filename.
Step 2: choose image size(s) and quantity. Camera sensors are 2:3 ratio (i.e. prints to 4x6, 8x12, 12x18, 24x36), but the common 8x10 is 4:5 ratio so it crops some of the edges.
Step 3: choose print type (see paper and print types below).
Step 4: choose any optional looks (Black and White, toned, reduced or increased saturation, soft dreamy look, warm or cool balance, retouching, removal of distracting background objects etc*).
Step 5 send James an email with your order list.
Step 6: add up your total and send payment to P.O. Box 1281 Lake Oswego, OR 97035 or you may pay directly at pick-up. Small orders may be processed in a few days but regular turn around for most orders is within two weeks. Please allow more time for large quantity or specialty orders. Please be aware that in times of exceptionally heavy demand (such as following a recital or prior to Christmas), turn around times may slow to 4-5 weeks for larger orders. Rush services available. Contact for cost.
PRICE LISTS and PRINT TYPES:
-a- CLASSIC PHOTO PRINTS ON LUSTER PROFESSIONAL PAPER: Classic professional prints on lustre resin coated photo paper. Each offers long lasting permenance (>80 yrs). Fine art images (including black and white, heavily photoshopped and adjusted images) are available only as giclee prints, not as classic photo prints. Except as noted, all prints receive basic retouching and processing in photoshop.
4X6 (proofs printed "as-is" and not adjusted) $12
-b- GICLEE PRINTS ON FINE ART PAPERS: stunningly beautiful, archival color or B&W prints with Ultrachrome K3 pigmented inks on 100% cotton rag or fiberbase museum grade papers (for long lasting, rich saturated colors, life-like presentations, Ansel Adams-like Black and Whites and unmatched three dimensionality. See Giclee Fine art paper options below. These are the HIGHEST QUALITY PRINTS AVAILABLE ANYWHERE and lab tests show that these ink/paper combinations last about 80-100 years for color and over 200 years for B&W without visible fading under normal viewing conditions (> 3 times longer than analog professional photographs). All our fine art photography and limited edition giclee prints from paintings are printed as giclees.
Any size/dimension on 8.5x11 (ie 8x10, 7x10.5, 6x9): $39
Any size/dimension on 9.5x13 (ie 8x12, 9x12): $46
Any size/dimension on 13x19 (ie 11x14, 12x18) $65
Any size/dimension on 17x22 (ie 16x20) $85
Any size on 24x36: $160
-c- CUSTOM GICLEE PRINTS ON FINE ART PAPERS: includes advanced retouching such as dodging and burning, selective sharpening/softening, removal of distracting objects and signed if requested. For extensive photoshop work including more drastic manipulation of objects in the image, combing multiple images together, and other artistic adjustments, ask for a quote.
Any size on 8.5x11: $65
Any size on 9.5x13: $72
Any size on 13x19: $105
Any size on 17x22: $130
Any size on 24x36: $220
GICLEE FINE ART PAPER OPTIONS: Giclee prints can be produced on a wide range of substrates for different looks.
1) Baryta Photographic Papers. These exhibition/museum grade papers offer the absolute finest photographic appearance with deep blacks, smooth gradations and fine details. We offer Exhibition Fiber Paper, Canson Baryta and Ilford Gold Fibre Silk. The Exhibition Fiber is an exhibition/museum quality fiber based paper with a semi-gloss finish with deep blacks, brilliant whites with a dramatic look and feel of many of Ansel Adams original prints. The Canson Baryta and Ilford Gold Fibre Silk true Baryta semi-gloss fiber based exhibition papers for beautiful prints in color or black and white with a slightly warmer and smoother look than Exhibition Fiber paper. Canson Baryta is generally a favorite paper for dance images.
2) Velvet Fine Art - 100% cotton rag paper and velvety matte finish, subtle texture similar to a fine watercolor paper, ideal for a fine art look with either reduced saturation or beautifully rich saturated colors, dramatic black and white but not as much detail or as deep blacks as the gloss/pearl options. These prints look elegant and natural with a distinctive fine art feeling. Anti-Reflective glass such as True Vue Museum Glass offers the best display of the rich matte surface. These look great for more artsy, abstract images, especially lighter value images.
3) Smooth Matte 100% cotton rag or fiber paper. Similar to Velvet, only with a smooth surface. Great for portraits.
4) Environmentally friendly matte paper options: Museum grade specialty papers made from industrial hemp, bamboo, sugar cane or recycled cotton. These papers are generally warmer in color and offer unique textural characteristics while imparting less stress on the environment.
From these images, create a range of products including; fully professional/commercial quality books, calendars, albums, magnets, keychains, buttons, mugs, t-shirts etc.
Save 20% off additional copies of the same image and size when ordered at the same time. Photography orders over $300 receive 10% off. Orders over $500 receive 15% off. Orders over $700 receive 30% off.
CUSTOM PHOTOSHOP WORK: The possibilities with photoshop are almost endless. Distracting objects, arms out of place, toes not quite pointed, blemishes, wrinkles, yellow teeth, closed eyes, sharpness/softness etc, can all be selectively eliminated or mitigated. Black and white, color selections, blurring, isolation, etc also available. Contact for a quote with your specific requests. The photoshop work is billed one time, separately from prints. So, once you have paid for special work, any number of prints can be made from the file at standard prices.
-Small jpeg files for printing 4x6 photos: $19/ea for minimally/basic-adjusted files, no retouching. Packages: $150 for 10 images (of your choice). For personal use only (public display strictly prohibited). Files may NOT be used on the internet without written permission. If you need images for facebook or other social networking sites, please inquire and for an additional nominal fee, files can be set up for that purpose.
-Medium jpeg files for printing 8x12 photos: $25/ea. for minimally adjusted files, no retouching or a package: $200 for 10 images of your choice. Photoshopped/retouched 8x12 jpeg files, $50/ea plus any additional photoshop fees. For personal use only.
-Custom photoshop work billed separately (contact for a quote).
-Files may be sent via email or burned to a CD ($5 additional cost for a CD or $10 for a DVD with any number of images up to maximum capacity).
-High resolution files for print and commercial/public display license also available. Contact for quote or with any questions regarding usage.
-Any files determined as "Fine Art" with extensive photoshop work, abstract, black and white, commercial marketability, etc are licensed for contractual commercial use, but not sold as digital files for personal use.
-No discounts on digital files (ie total order discounts).
COMMERCIAL USE: files available in a range of sizes for commercial use starting at $50 and dependent on use, publication, distribution, size/resolution, etc. Contact for quote.
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT THE IMAGES:
1) when chosing images, keep in mind that most of the images in these galleries are only proofs and have not been fully adjusted for color balance, tone curves, crop, rotation etc. Therefore choose images based on content rather than overall appearance. The images are shot RAW with high resolution cameras. The resulting images take a long time to process, edit and sort. However, it also means I have a huge range of flexibility in adjusting files and can drastically change colors, lightness/darkness/exposure, vignetting, black and white, saturation etc. If you see an effect somewhere on my site and you would like to see it applied to a particular photo of your dancer, you may ask for any effects applied to giclee prints.
2) Keep in mind that most of these images are extremely high resolution and razor sharp so they actually look better the larger they go and can produce huge poster sized images with plenty of fine detail. An 11x14/11x17 image are is really the minimum to start seeing a life-like dramatic presentation and get the true benefits of the cameras and lenes used.
3) group shots are usually high enough in resolution to isolate a single dancer and still create highly detailed, sharp 8x12 crops of an individual.
Ever imagine your performer in a painting? (think Degas) Consider commissioning an original oil painting or pastel painting from any of the photos of your dancer. Under proper lighting, a painting will convey all the life, energy and emotion, glowing light, and three dimensionality of a live performance unlike any photograph. See some of James' paintings here: http://jamesmcgrewfineart.com/
Since paintings look much better in person, to truly see the life of oil paintings, make an appointment to stop by James' gallery to view the paintings in person.
PRIVATE STUDIO PHOTOGRAPHIC OR PAINTING SESSIONS AVAILABLE: complete control over lighting, costume/hair/make up, expressions for either photography or a painting direct from life.
PICKING UP YOUR ORDER: You will receive an email notification when the order is ready for pick up at James McGrew Studio Gallery,
412 Jefferson Parkway
Lake Oswego, OR 97035
This information subject to change without notice. Additional costs for shipping/mailing if applicable.
*additional fees apply for special retouching